Package Ref: eB-SOL014
Like the different regions of neighbouring Italy, the balmy Mediterranean island of Sicily has a distinct cuisine that’s steeped in history. Take a trip to a market and alongside staples like capers, tomatoes, olives and aubergines, all the ingredients will be home-grown, as although Sicilians export their delicious produce, they shun imports, so diet is a true representation of the terrain.
Sicily is rich history which is reflected in sites like the Valley of the Temples, the well-preserved ruins of 7 monumental, Doric-style Greek temples, and in the Byzantine mosaics at the Cappella Palatina, a former royal chapel in capital city Palermo.
- Return Airport to hotel transfers
- Transfers for all activities/tours as per confirmed itinerary
- 10 nights at the 4* Le Chiuse di Guadagna hotel in a deluxe room
- Breakfast daily
- All tours as per confirmed itinerary
- Dinner in Masseria
- Full day market, ingredients and Siracusa tour
- Light lunch at the Siracusa market
- Cooking class with fresh ingredients (bought at the market)
- Dinner after cooking class
- Visit an oil farm and tasting
- Cheese farm lab, tasting and lunch
- "Gli aromi" tour and dinner at sunset
- Street food tour and Sicily tour with 2/3 street food tastings
- Street food cooking class in Sicily and aperitif
- Ragusa Ibla and Modica tours
- Dessert tour in Ragusa Ibla
- Old chocolate factory Lab
- Full day winelands - tour of two wine companies, tasting and lunch
- Noto tour
- Sicilian cooking class and dinner in Masseria with homemade plates (self-made)
- Fine fish and traditional plates cooking class with a chef
- Lunch with homemade plates (made during the cooking class with the chef)
- Aquaponics company tour
- Dinner in Masseria
- Aperitif in Masseria
- Dinner in fine restaurant in Sicily
- Package highlights:
- Fine dining
- Dinner at local Masseria "Le Chiuse di Guadagna"
- Tour to local food market
- Upskill cooking classes
- Tour and dinner at "Gli Aromi"
- Street food tours
- Winelands and cheese farm visits with tastings
- Dinner and cooking with Italian family
- All flights (All airlines available to book on eBucks Travel online)
- Excludes a standard booking fee of R250 per booking
- Items of a personal nature such as telephone calls, laundry etc.
- Items not mentioned
- Meals and drinks not mentioned
- Gratuities and porterage fees
- Additional fees or services charges levied by the Supplier
- Admission fees for package highlights are not included
- Visas (eBucks Travel can assist you with requirements only)
- Travel Insurance (if you pay with a qualifying FNB credit card you could qualify for free travel insurance. Please contact FNB.co.za for more information on this)
Select the package(s) you are interested in
Land Only Package
Travel between: 07 Feb 2020 – 31 Dec 2020
|FROM R35829 per person sharing|
Travel dates are based on a specific departure, set tour with a culinary expert guide also available based on a minimum of 10 passengers. Enquire for a quote
- Day 1: Welcome drinks and dinner at a local Masseria “Le Chiuse di Guadagna”
- Day 2: Full day in Siracusa, with a food market tour: Fresh Produce, ingredients, Utensils (that are well known in the area, fresh fish in the harbour) beans, flours for pasta/bread. Cooking class in the evening.
- Day 3: Visit a local oil farm and do a tasting. Visit a cheese farm lab - cheese tasting and lunch. “Gli aromi” tour (one of the most important company of aromatic plants), with a sunset dinner on location.
- Day 4: Scicli street food tour and cooking class.
- Day 5: Ragusa Ibla and Modica tour (Old chocolate factory lab & chocolate tasting).Day 5 is dessert day, taste some of Sicily’s best well known dessert and experience how the masters create in their kitchens.
- Day 6: Free day for you to explore on your own.
- Day 7: Sicilian Winelands tour with lunch. Noto tour in the afternoon.
- Day 8: Morning free in Masseria. Learn from an old Italian Mama how to make traditional pasta and enjoy a big Italian dinner with the family.
- Day 9: Cooking class with a chef with lunch at his restaurant. Visit a local aquaponics company. Dinner at Le Chiuse di Guadagna.
- Day 10: Masseria, aperitif with rustic products (fine dining).
- Day 11: Breakfast at hotel. Transfer from hotel to airport to depart back home.
- A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the total package price is payable to secure a booking, final payment will be due 30 days prior to departure date.
- If you book within 90 days of travel departure date, 50% non-refundable deposit is due within 24hours and final paying is due within 60 days of departure.
- Availability: Please note that if a certain hotel is not available at the time of booking, then we will gladly make alternative suggestions in the same category. We will advise you accordingly with the surcharge if any. As a result, we would highly appreciate it if you could advise us to block rooms soonest possible to guarantee the rooms and rates in period of high and peak season.
- All the above points of interest are open for visit based on current updates. In case of closure for construction or any other reason, we will replace with a similar point of interest.
- Above itinerary is based on the current flight schedule. In case of flight changes, the itinerary will be changed accordingly.
- All services are subject to availability and this estimate is to be used as a guideline only.
- eBucks Travel charges a standard booking fee of R150 for domestic and R250 for international bookings.
- All prices are indicative and correct at time of loading and are subject to change without prior notice or availability due to currency fluctuations, rate and airfare increases.
- Peak season surcharges and block out dates may apply
- Rates quoted are per person sharing and are not applicable to group bookings, unless otherwise stated. Single supplements may apply.
- Booking, changes and cancellation conditions apply.
- Bookings and final prices are only confirmed upon full payment.
- Visas are required for South African passport holders to most international destinations. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after your return date.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that you obtain any visa, health certificates or any other travel related documents requirements for some destinations, even as a transit passenger, prior to your departure.
- Please note that all bookings are subject to the Suppliers specific terms and conditions and that eBucks Travel cannot guarantee the performance of any Supplier and will not be liable for any act or default by a Supplier.
- Unless stated otherwise, all Offers exclude flights and transfers. Flights with eBucks partners can be booked online via www.ebucks.com/travel to take advantage of your eBucks travel discounts.
- eBucks reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw any aspect of this Offer in its sole discretion at any time without notice or liability.