Package Ref: eB-ASI071
Named as one of the ten paradises of the world by National Geographic Traveler, Kerala is famous especially for its ecotourism initiatives and beautiful backwaters. Its unique culture and traditions, coupled with its varied demography, have made Kerala one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
A world of beauty and mystic, Kerala is South India's gem with it's glistening backwaters, beaches along the Arabian coast and the spice - and tea - covered hills of the Western Ghats complimented by incredible wildlife reserves. This destination is really worlds away from the rest of the hustle and bustle of India.
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Cochin & from Trivandrum to Johannesburg (including approximate taxes)
- All transfers, transport services, city tour & sightseeing by an Air-conditioned medium car
- 2 Nights accommodation in Cochin
- 2 Nights accommodation in Munnar
- 1 Night accommodation in Periyar
- 2 Nights accommodation in in Kumarakom
- 1 Night accommodation in Alleppey
- 2 Nights accommodation in Kovalam
- Traditional Indian welcome upon arrival at Cochin airport
- Daily buffet breakfast at all the hotels except all meals at houseboat in Alleppey
- Tour Highlights:
- Dutch Palace
- Jewish Synagogue
- St. Francis Church
- Periyar National Park
- Excludes a standard booking fee of R250 per booking
- Items of a personal nature
- Items not mentioned
- Meals and drinks not mentioned
- Gratuities and porterage fees
- Additional fees or services charges levied by the Supplier
- Visas (eBucks Travel can assist you with requirements only)
- Travel Insurance (if you pay with a qualifying FNB credit card you could qualify for free travel insurance. Please contact FNB.co.za for more information on this)
Select the package(s) you are interested in
Travel between: 08 Oct 2019 – 31 Mar 2020
|FROM R39670 per person sharing|
- Day 1: Cochin: More popular as the Queen of the Arabian Sea, Cochin is a cluster of islands on the vast expanse of the Vembanad Lake. The Lake opens out into the Arabian sea here to form one of the finest natural harbours in the world. It is this natural advantage that has made Cochin a fascinating blend of the cultures and influences of explorers and traders.
- Day 2: Cochin: Breakfast at the hotel. Later you will proceed for a sightseeing tour of Cochin visit Dutch Palace (Closed on Fridays and Jewish Holidays) is also known as Mattancherry Palace built by the Portuguese and presented to the Raja of Cochin in 1555 AD. Continue to visit Jewish Synagogue (Closed on Fridays, Saturdays and Jewish Holidays) was built in 1568 AD. Return to the hotel after the sightseeing tour.
- Day 3: Cochin - Munnar: Enjoy Breakfast at the hotel, thereafter travel from Cochin to Munnar. The hill resort with the highest peak in South India, Anamudi 2695 meters. This hill station in Kerala is famous for its lush green slopes covered with tea and spice plantations. Munnar's greenery and quiet ambience provides a relaxing getaway for a traveller in Kerala. The spice plantations and spice markets - where pepper, vanilla and cashew are sold are an interesting tour. If you're a wildlife enthusiast, the sight of the rare Nilgiri Tahr, seen in these hills, is an additional tourist attraction in Munnar. Rest of the day at your leisure to explore this beautiful hill station.
- Day 4: Munnar: Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Proceed for tea plantation tour. Munnar - breathtakingly beautiful - a haven of peace and tranquillity - the idyllic tourist destination in God's own country. Set at an altitude of 6000 ft in Idukki district, Munnar was the favoured summer resort of the erstwhile British rulers in the colonial days. Unending expanse of tea plantations- pristine valleys and mountains- exotic species of flora and fauna in its wild sanctuaries and forests. Afternoon at your leisure to explore.
- Day 5: Munnar - Periyar: Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Travel to Periyar from Munnar, Periyar is South India's most popular wildlife sanctuary, encompassing an area of 777 sq. km. Set on the attractive man-made Periyar Lake; it attracts over 300,000 visitors a year. In the afternoon enjoy the Spice Plantation tour with a guide.
- Day 6: Periyar - Kumarakom: This morning proceed to Periyar National Park to view the wildlife by Common Boat. Situated within the confines of the Western Ghats in the southern Indian state of Kerala, Periyar National Park and Tiger Reserve is one of the most captivating wildlife parks in the world. Spend the afternoon relaxing; lie in a hammock on this lakeshore, and allow your senses to possess you.
- Day 7: Kumarakom: After breakfast enjoy a full day at your own leisure.
- Day 8: Kumarakom - Alleppey: After breakfast board a houseboat (for Kumarakom to Alleppey round-trip). The kettuvallam or 'boat with knots'- was so called because the entire boat was held together with coir knots only - not even a single nail is used during the construction. The boat is made of planks of jackwood joined together with coir. This is then coated with a caustic black resin made from boiled cashew kernels. With careful maintenance, a kettuvallom can last for generations. Today, the tradition is still continued and the food from the local cuisine is served by the Kuttanad localities, on board. While converting kettuvallams into houseboats, care is taken to use only natural products. Lunch, dinner will be served on-board the houseboat and overnight on houseboat.
- Day 9: Allepey - Kovalam: Breakfast on-board the houseboat. Later disembark from houseboat and leave for Kovalam by road. After arrival in Kovalam, check in at the hotel. Rest if the day is at your leisure to enjoy the beautiful beach of Kovalam, the world-renowned beach endowed with a sheltered bay safe for swimming during the off-monsoon months. It is a unique and uncluttered beach of silvery sands fringed with rows of tall palms.
- Day 10: Kovalam: Enjoy breakfast at the hotel with a full day at your own leisure in Kovalam. There is an option of an Ayurvedic massage on this day (at an additional charge and payable directly).
- Day 11: Kovalam - Trivandrum: Pack and prepare for your journey back home. After breakfast your will be met for your transfer from Kovalam to Trivandrum for your departure back to South Africa.
- All services are subject to availability and this estimate is to be used as a guideline only.
- eBucks Travel charges a standard booking fee of R150 for domestic and R250 for international bookings.
- All prices are indicative and correct at time of loading and are subject to change without prior notice or availability due to currency fluctuations, rate and airfare increases.
- Peak season surcharges and block out dates may apply
- Rates quoted are per person sharing and are not applicable to group bookings, unless otherwise stated. Single supplements may apply.
- Booking, changes and cancellation conditions apply.
- Bookings and final prices are only confirmed upon full payment.
- Visas are required for South African passport holders to most international destinations. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after your return date.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that you obtain any visa, health certificates or any other travel related documents requirements for some destinations, even as a transit passenger, prior to your departure.
- Please note that all bookings are subject to the Suppliers specific terms and conditions and that eBucks Travel cannot guarantee the performance of any Supplier and will not be liable for any act or default by a Supplier.
- Unless stated otherwise, all Offers exclude flights and transfers. Flights with eBucks partners can be booked online via www.ebucks.com/travel to take advantage of your eBucks travel discounts.
- eBucks reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw any aspect of this Offer in its sole discretion at any time without notice or liability.