Japan Express - 9 Days Osaka to Tokyo
Package Ref: eB-ASI034
Welcome to the land of the rising sun. a pristine and culturally significant place that combines the modernity of present day cutting edge technology and the historical influence of one of the first and most defined cultures in the world. From the Buddhist monks of Koyasan to the high rolling night life of Tokyo, see the many sides to Japan on this condensed tour, starting in Osaka and ending in the capital. Savour the regions culinary delicacies and the beautiful views of Mount Fuji. Stay in a traditional ryokan and soak up the local culture in the onsen natural hot springs. Traditional meets contemporary on this once in a lifetime tour of the culture rich Japanese quarter.
- 6 Nights accommodation in standard hotels
- 1 Night mountain monastery(shared facilities)
- 1 Night traditional inn(shared facilities)
- 3 Breakfasts and 2 dinners
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Package Highlights:
- Local Living: Overnight in Mount Koya Temple, Kōyasan
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum visit
- Miyajima excursion with floating torii gate visit
- Nijo Castle and gardens visit (Kyoto)
- Gion walk
- Fushimi Inari shrine visit
- Lake Ashino-ko boat ride (Hakone)
- Traditional ryokan stay with kaiseki meal
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (7 days)
- Excludes a standard booking fee of R250 per booking
- Allow USD390-510 for meals not included
- All flights (All airlines available to book on eBucks Travel online)
- Items of a personal nature
- Items not mentioned
- Meals and drinks not mentioned
- Gratuities and porterage fees
- Additional fees or services charges levied by the Supplier
- Visas (eBucks Travel can assist you with requirements only)
- Travel Insurance (if you pay with a qualifying FNB credit card you could qualify for free travel insurance. Please contact FNB.co.za for more information on this)
Select the package(s) you are interested in
Land Only Package
Travel between: 01 Nov 2019 – 29 Nov 2019
|FROM R40599 per person sharing|
Land Only Package
Travel between: 06 Dec 2019 – 28 Feb 2020
|FROM R37219 per person sharing|
Limited various set departures available
Day 1: Osaka: It’s time to explore. Arrive at any time in the bustling metropolis of Osaka Japan. From its famed art galleries and quirky culture, to its fine food and all night entertainment, Osaka is a spellbinding phenomenon of a city that needs no introduction. So, get going!
Day 2: Osaka to Koyasan: Departing early, we travel to the heart of Japans Buddhist culture, where we will sleep in a temple atop the 800m Mt Koya. Savour a traditional dinner of shojin ryori and wake up early the next day to feel the stillness of the valley while you watch the monk’s morning prayer session.
Day 3: Koyasan to Hiroshima: Enjoy a traditional breakfast before traveling to Hiroshima, a city synonymous with the bombings of 1945 and no stranger to the lengths the human psyche will go to survive. Visit the Peace Park and Memorial Museum whilst taking in the historical influence that this city holds.
Day 4: Hiroshima: Wake up early and opt to take a stunning ferry ride over the clear oceanic waters to the sacred island of Miyajima and gaze upon the world famous floating Torii Gate. While gazing on stunning monuments and temples you will have the option to hike the Mt Misen island peak for a bird’s eye view of the magical surroundings.
Day 5: Hiroshima to Kyoto: Board a high-speed train from Hiroshima to the bustling city of Kyoto. On arrival take a walk through Gion, Kyoto’s most famous Geisha district and, in the late afternoon, walk the sprawling gardens of Nijo Castle and feel history come alive.
Day 6: Kyoto: Spend another day in this beautiful city, exploring its back streets, delicious food and interesting shops. Enjoy a visit to the beautiful Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine and walk under the bright Torii Gates.
Day 7: Kyoto to Hakone: Take a boat ride on Lake Ashino-ko and a walk along the Old Tokaido Highway with a view of Mount Fuji. Spend the night in this hilltop town where you will stay in a traditional ryokan, with its own private onsen. Don’t forget to take a dip in the world famous hot springs
Day 8: Hakone to Tokyo: It’s off to the mother city of Tokyo, with its bright lights, metropolitan culture and endless exploration possibilities. Spend a day taking in the widest range of fine food, art, culture, temples and museums to come out of the East. Explore the city hubs, markets and backstreet quarters whilst getting some last-minute shopping done.
Day 9: Tokyo: Spend a final morning in one of the most famous cities in the world, take in a landmark, grab a souvenir and depart your way out of the city at any time.
- A non-refundable deposit of R1 000 per person per tour is required at the time of confirmation, in order to secure the reservation. This is due 60 days prior to departure.
- For bookings made eight weeks or less before the date of departure, the whole contract price is payable at the time of booking. Note that failure to remit payment on due date could involve passengers in cancellation of their reservations and forfeiture of deposit.
- All services are subject to availability and this estimate is to be used as a guideline only.
- eBucks Travel charges a standard booking fee of R150 for domestic and R250 for international bookings.
- All prices are indicative and correct at time of loading and are subject to change without prior notice or availability due to currency fluctuations, rate and airfare increases.
- Peak season surcharges and block out dates may apply
- Rates quoted are per person sharing and are not applicable to group bookings, unless otherwise stated. Single supplements may apply.
- Booking, changes and cancellation conditions apply.
- Bookings and final prices are only confirmed upon full payment.
- Visas are required for South African passport holders to most international destinations. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after your return date.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that you obtain any visa, health certificates or any other travel related documents requirements for some destinations, even as a transit passenger, prior to your departure.
- Please note that all bookings are subject to the Suppliers specific terms and conditions and that eBucks Travel cannot guarantee the performance of any Supplier and will not be liable for any act or default by a Supplier.
- Unless stated otherwise, all Offers exclude flights and transfers. Flights with eBucks partners can be booked online via www.ebucks.com/travel to take advantage of your eBucks travel discounts.
- eBucks reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw any aspect of this Offer in its sole discretion at any time without notice or liability.