Package Ref: eB-CRU004
There can be no tapestry of river life as fascinating and varied as the world famous Mekong. Indeed, there can be no more striking a cultural contrast as that of the bustling Vietnam Delta, with its energy and diverse sights and that of tranquil Cambodia with its shrines, monasteries and heritage. We pass through the colonial port of Saigon, through the rolling landscape of the delta, meeting its people and soaking in the vibrancy of this special region. We meet the rich countryside of Cambodia and with full days to savour the surrounding area, we progress into remoter waterways rich in wildlife and tropical vegetation until finally gazing on the UNESCO World heritage site of Angkor with its ancient ruins and tropical jungle.
- Transfers between the meeting point and the ship at the start and end of a voyage
- 7 Nights' onboard the RV Mekong Pandaw
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Locally made soft drinks, local beer and local spirits
- Entrance fees, guide services (English language)
- Port taxes & gratuities
- All flights (All airlines available to book on eBucks Travel online)
- Excludes a standard booking fee of R250 per booking.
- Items of a personal nature
- Items not mentioned
- Meals and drinks not mentioned
- Gratuities and porterage fees
- Additional fees or services charges levied by the Supplier
- Visas (eBucks Travel can assist you with requirements only)
- Travel Insurance (if you pay with a qualifying FNB credit card you could qualify for free travel insurance. Please contact FNB.co.za for more information on this)
Select the package(s) you are interested in
Land Only Package
Travel between: 06 Jul 2019 – 05 Oct 2019
|FROM R50181 per person sharing|
Day 1: Saigon - My Tho: After boarding the Pandaw boat at the My Tho Port, we sail downstream to Ben Tre and anchor midstream. In the afternoon there is a lecture and a cocktail hour with indigenous dancers.
Day 2: Ben Tre: Travel by sampans through mangroves and bamboo groves to the fruit orchards of Ben Tre. This is an area rich in bird life. After lunch, the ship moors off Cho Lach island for pot making and further glimpses of delta life.
Day 3: Con Phuoc Island: Take a short journey to the Gao Giong ‘green oasis” with its residing bird sanctuary. After returning to the boat we cruise upstream to Con Phuoc Island. We moor and go offshore to explore the island by Xi Loi, seeing basket production and visit a 100 year old cathedral.
Day 4: Cambodia Border: Explore the labyrinth canal system around Tan Chau to visit a Taoist temple where the monks read fortunes. Continue through local villages by Xi Loi stopping off to help locals tend their fields before stopping off to visit a fish farm and earn merit by releasing fish back into the Mekong.
Day 5: Phnom Penh: This morning we visit the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda in the Phnom Penh region before making our way over to the national Museum with its marvelous collection of Angkor statues. There is an optional visit to the Killing Fields & Genocide Museum or you can enjoy high tea at Raffles Hotel on the riverfront.
Day 6: Silk Island: Sail up the Tonle River to visit Koh Okhna Tey or ‘silk island’ . There will be a demonstration of the ancient Khmer martial art of Bokator before a return down the river and a trip to the Mekong confluence.
Day 7: Kratie and the Dolphin Grounds: Morning visit to Koh Trong Island, a small Mekong River hamlet which can be explored by bicycle. In the afternoon we leave the village to moor of Kratia where we will continue to the dolphin grounds by local boat to observe the elusive and endangered Irrawaddy Dolphins.
Day 8: Siem Reap: Sail downstream to moor at Kampong Cham for disembarkation and road transfer to Siem Reap. Transfer to the airport for the return flight home.
- Pricing given is purely indicative and is based on an average daily rate. Actual price will be quoted based on available hotel, room type, nightly rate and current roe for requested travel dates at time of booking
- The cruises operate on a weekly basis
- All services are subject to availability and this estimate is to be used as a guideline only.
- eBucks Travel charges a standard booking fee of R150 for domestic and R250 for international bookings.
- All prices are indicative and correct at time of loading and are subject to change without prior notice or availability due to currency fluctuations, rate and airfare increases.
- Peak season surcharges and block out dates may apply
- Rates quoted are per person sharing and are not applicable to group bookings, unless otherwise stated. Single supplements may apply.
- Booking, changes and cancellation conditions apply.
- Bookings and final prices are only confirmed upon full payment.
- Visas are required for South African passport holders to most international destinations. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after your return date.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that you obtain any visa, health certificates or any other travel related documents requirements for some destinations, even as a transit passenger, prior to your departure.
- Please note that all bookings are subject to the Suppliers specific terms and conditions and that eBucks Travel cannot guarantee the performance of any Supplier and will not be liable for any act or default by a Supplier.
- Unless stated otherwise, all Offers exclude flights and transfers. Flights with eBucks partners can be booked online via www.ebucks.com/travel to take advantage of your eBucks travel discounts.
- eBucks reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw any aspect of this Offer in its sole discretion at any time without notice or liability.