What is eBucks for Business?
eBucks for Business is a rewards programme that gives qualifying FNB Business Banking customers the ability to earn eBucks as a reward for banking with FNB. In order to start earning eBucks make sure that your business qualifies and has registered for eBucks for Business. To register click here.
The eBucks for Business programme provides a number of ways for businesses to earn and spend eBucks.
Ways in which your business
can earn eBucks
- Earn up to 15% back in eBucks on your qualifying Checkers & Shoprite, qualifying fuel, qualifying prepaid airtime and qualifying prepaid electricity spend when paying with a qualifying FNB Visa Business Cheque Card
- Earn up to 2.5% back in eBucks when shopping using your qualifying FNB Visa Business Cheque Card
- Earn up to 50% back in eBucks on monthly subscriptions for website creation and hosting, all easily accessible via your FNB Business Online Banking profile
- Earn up to 5% back in eBucks from in-store partners such as Makro, Incredible Connection and many more!
- Earn 15% back in eBucks on commission paid when you send or receive foreign currency online
Ways in which your business
can spend eBucks
- Shop at the eBucks for Business online shop accessible via your FNB Business Online Banking profile
- Shop at the eBucks Shop at eBucks.com
- Purchase monthly business subscriptions at discounted rates for website creation and hosting powered by Afrihost
- Shop at eBucks online partners such as kalahari.com, Yuppiechef and more
- Shop at eBucks in-store partners, such as Makro, HiFi Corp and many more
- Use your eBucks card to fill up with fuel at participating Engen service stations
- Book flights, accommodation and car hire with eBucks Travel
How does a business qualify to join the eBucks for Business programme and start earning eBucks?
To qualify and start earning eBucks for your business, your business must:
- Hold an active qualifying FNB business bank account/s with an annual turnover of up to R40 million Contact your FNB Business Banker for more information
- Have transacted on either FNB Online Business Banking or Online Banking Enterprise™ in the last month To register for FNB Online Banking visit www.fnb.co.za, call FNB Business Banking on 0860 263 362 or contact your Commercial banker for Online Banking Enterprise™
- Have provided marketing consent to FNB (marketing permissions must be set to “Yes”) Log onto FNB Online Banking for business, click on 'Settings' and choose 'Personal details', you can choose to receive communications on new products and services by updating the option under 'Communication Preferences' or call FNB Business Banking on 0860 263 362
Note your business account:
- Cannot be in arrears, in excess or have missed a payment on your business bank account/s
- Cannot be under debt counseling or any legal process with FNB
- Cannot have an annual bank account turnover of more than R40m
For more information on whether your business will qualify call FNB Business Banking on 0860 263 362 or contact your FNB Commercial Banker
Please note: Once you have registered and qualified for eBucks for Business, you will automatically be placed on reward level 1, which determines how much eBucks you earn.
How do the reward levels work?
- The amount of eBucks that your business earns is determined by four reward levels
- Your business collects reward level points based on your business banking behaviour which in turn determines what level your business will be on
- The higher the level, the higher the percentage of eBucks your business earns on fuel purchases and when shopping using your qualifying FNB Visa Business Cheque Card
NB: Your business gets placed onto a reward level based on the number of reward level points collected over a rolling 12 month period (rolling refers to a 12 month period and not necessarily a yearly calendar period)
Below illustrates the reward levels and the reward level points required to reach each level on shopping, fuel and subscriptions, as well as the related earn rates:
How does your business collect reward level points?
If your business has met the qualifying criteria to begin earning eBucks and has registered for the eBucks for Business programme, your business will accumulate reward level points based on the FNB products held and your banking behaviour on those products over a rolling 12 month period.
The four broad categories under which your business can accumulate reward level points are as follows:
- Product holding
- Utilising electronic channels
- Utilising value-added products and services
- Account health (account in good standing)
See table below for rewards level points:
|Product Holding||Monthly Reward Level Points||Max p.m.||Annual Points|
| Overdraft usage in excess of R300 |
A short term convenient lending solution to increase your cash flow. Get 1250 reward level points per month for using your overdraft.
|Business Loan* |
A medium to long term solution that is ideal for when you need to finance capital expenditure. Get 1750 reward level points per month for using your business loan.
|Merchant Device (Speedpoint) |
This provides a safe and cheaper option than holding cash in-store and increases feet into your shop. Get 1500 reward level points per month for using a Merchant Device.
|FNB Banking Insurance Products |
Protect your business vehicles, products, equipment and staff with our extensive range of insurance and life cover products. Get 500 reward level points per month if you hold any one or more insurance products offered by FNB Business Banking.
|Forex transaction in past 3 months |
Fast, convenient and secure foreign currency payments. Get 500 reward level points in any month that you make or receive Forex payments using Online Banking plus get 15% back on the value of the transaction fees paid on each transaction.
|Commercial Property Finance |
Tailor-made finance for commercial, retail, industrial or residential property transactions. Get 500 reward level points per month for holding a commercial property finance loan that is in good standing.
Flexifixed Deposit: Benefit from competitive returns, the flexibility to deposit money at any time AND get 500 reward level points per month if you maintain a minimum balance of R50 000.
32-Day Interest Plus Account: Flexible investment that gives you two interest rate increases over 64 days, and a 32-day notice period for withdrawals. Get 500 reward level points per month if you hold investment and maintain a minimum balance of R100 000.
|Electronic Channels||Monthly Reward Level Points||Max p.m.||Annual Points|
|FNB Online Banking or Online Banking Enterprise™ |
A secure and easy to use online system that allows you to manage a host of account aspects 24/7, anytime and anywhere. Get 450 reward level points per month.
|Cellphone Banking |
A safe and convenient way to do business, anytime and anywhere 24/7. Get 500 reward level points per month by simply making use of your mobile banking.
| Use ATM Advance and till points to save time and money |
Get 700 reward level points per month if you withdraw and deposit cash using an FNB ATM Advance or if you withdraw cash at a till at a participating Pick ‘n Pay or Checkers outlet.
|Services / Value–Adds||Monthly Reward Level Points||Max p.m.||Annual Points|
|Instant Accounting Registration |
Keep your books up to date with Instant Accounting, a unique, online accounting solution that is FREE to all Business Banking customers. Get 2000 reward level points once-off for registering for the product.
|Instant Accounting Financial Statements |
Keep your books up to date with Instant Accounting, a unique, online accounting solution that is FREE to all Business Banking clients. Get 3000 reward level points every year for using the Instant Account service in your business.
|E-mail Statements |
Minimise your paperwork in your office and contribute to a greener environment by having your statements sent to you via email for FREE. Get 250 reward level points per month.
|Account Health||Monthly Reward Level Points||Max p.m.||Annual Points|
|Active Account in Good Standing |
Make regular monthly transactions on your account. Your payments should not be in arrears, nor should you be in debt counselling or any legal process with FNB. Get 400 reward level points per month.
|Updated Customer details |
Update your details online at least once a year. Get 1000 reward level points per year
|Minimum balance |
Your business will get 250 reward level points for a minimum balance of R5 000, and get an additional 20 reward level points per R1 000 in excess of R5 000, up to a maximum of 1 500 reward level points per month.
|250 (+ 20 per R1000 over R5000)||Up to 1500||–|
* Islamic Accounts do not qualify for this product and cannot collect points on this product.
FNB Business Banking and Commercial Banking customers will be placed onto a reward level by looking at their account behaviour over the last 12 months. All registered and qualifying eBucks for Business members start on reward level 1.
Below is an illustrative example of a business that has an existing qualifying business cheque account, is registered for eBucks for Business and has certain banking activity and product take-up over the past 12 months. The business's reward level and resultant earn rates are displayed.
TIP! Want to know what reward level your business is on or could get to? Just go to the calculator where you can view the breakdown of reward levels on how to move your business up.