IMPORTANT: We specifically draw Your attention to the following crucial provisions, which We require You to read and agree to prior to concluding any transaction or interacting in whatsoever way with the eBucks Rewards Programme:
- These Private Policy provisions must be read with Our Terms and Conditions. In the event of conflict between the terms of this document and Our Terms and Conditions, then Our Terms and Conditions will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
- All words starting with capital letters have further been defined in this document or in the DEFINITIONS clause at the end of Our Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing herein contained may limit or restrict your right to privacy as envisaged in Sections 11 and 12 of the Consumer Protection Act.
- If any of these provisions conflict with the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act the latter shall prevail.
- communicate with Us by:
- SMS; or
- Any other electronic means:
- visit and/or use Our Website;
- apply online for certain products and services;
- purchase products and services;
- register to join the eBucks Rewards Programme whether via Our Website, eBucks Contact Centre, FNB, RMB Private Bank, any of Our Partners or any other channel (collectively referred to as our "Collection Methods").
By joining the eBucks Rewards Programme, visiting and/or using Our Website, interacting with the eBucks Contact Centre, purchasing products and services or using the eBucks Rewards Programme in whatsoever way, You hereby provide us with your express permission to share certain of your personal information with our Affiliates in the ordinary course of our business of providing you with the services.
- What is Personal Information
- How do we collect your Personal Information
- Why & How we collect and use Information
- Protection of your Personal Information
- Correction of Personal Information
- Personal Information held by or disclosed by you to a third party
- Which Laws apply
Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age and identity number, your assets and liabilities, your income and your payment records. Any information about your buying patterns, habits, preferences where you shop, where you bank, how you invest and all related information will also be regarded as personal information. In short, any information that we know about you will be regarded as your personal information.back to top
We collect your personal information through any of our aforesaid Collection Methods. We also contract with several online service providers to help manage and optimise our Website and communications. We use the services of a marketing company to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our Website. To do this, we use web beacons and cookies. The type of information we collect includes, for example, the product codes and prices for merchandise that Members purchase and the web pages visited. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like what web pages are most attractive to our visitors and Members, which of our products most interest our Members, and what kinds of offers our Members like to see. Although our marketing company logs the information coming from our site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used. Except for ourselves, our marketing company is unable to link the information retrieved from our Website to you and accordingly our marketing company will only be able to provide us with mere statistical data relating to our Website's visitors and Members in general.back to top
In order to make your use of this Website and all products and services offered by the eBucks Rewards Programme as successful and pleasurable as possible, it is necessary for us to find out exactly what you need and want from us. The following are reasons (i.e. disclosed reasons) why we would collect your personal information:
- to identify you;
- in order for us to process your instructions or requests;
- in order for us to ensure that we meet your needs, we may collect and analyse your personal information and, combine all the information that we have about you to compile a profile of you in order for us to personalise and tailor our services to meet your specific needs;
- once we have collected and analysed your personal information, we may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you. We will however, only send you this promotional information if you have opted to receive promotional communication. If any of this promotional information relates to products, promotions, news or services of an Affiliate, and if you indicate that you would like more details, we may inform our Affiliate to contact you directly;
- to update FNB and RMB Private Bank data with missing, incomplete or updated personal details if you are an existing client of theirs.
Your privacy is important to us. We will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised entities or other third parties, for their independent use, without your consent.back to top
We value the information that you choose to provide us with and will therefore take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information we maintain concerning our customers is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
When you use the services or facilities provided by us, you may be given a UserID, eBucks PIN, eBucks Business Card Pin and/or OTP (collectively referred to as your “Access Codes”). You must always keep your Access Codes a secret and ensure that you do not disclose it to anyone.back to top
If you ever want to update or correct any of your personal information held by us, kindly contact us at the eBucks Contact Centre on
087 320 3200. Alternatively, you can update and correct your information yourself by logging into the Website.