Earn up to 15% back in eBucks on your FNB Gold Account
There are three steps you'll need to follow to earn eBucks.
You'll need to meet the qualifying requirements that are specific to your FNB Gold Account(s).
- Move up a reward level
Once you've qualified, you can start moving up the reward levels.
There are eight reward level groups. For each requirement you meet from a different reward level group, you'll move up a reward level.
Once you've qualified and your reward level has been determined, you'll be ready to earn eBucks.
Remember: R1 = eB10.
Before you can start earning eBucks, you must first meet the qualifying requirements.
To get going, you must:
- Have a monthly deposit* of at least R5 500 into an FNB Gold Cheque Account, FNB Fusion Gold Account or FNB Islamic Gold Cheque Account.
- R3 500 into an FNB Gold Graduate Account or FNB Encore Gold Cheque Account or FNB Gold Spousal Account.
- Maintain a minimum balance of at least R10 000 into an FNB Encore Gold Cheque Account or at least R20 000 in an FNB Savings Account for the whole month.
*For the purposes of meeting the minimum deposit qualification criteria, "deposit" means the payment of your salary, income or drawings (where you are self-employed) into your qualifying FNB/RMB Private Bank Account and specifically excludes any payments or transfers from a credit product.
- Make sure that ALL your FirstRand Bank accounts are active and in good standing.
- Log in to any one of FNB's electronic banking channels at least once a month using your own banking profile. FNB's electronic banking channels are:
- FNB App
- Online Banking
- Cellphone Banking
Things to remember:
- These requirements may change from time to time. We'll let you know when they do.
- If you stop meeting any one of these requirements at any time, you won't qualify for eBucks Rewards.
- An account that's active means that there's regular activity on the account or that the account is still being used for its original intended purpose.
- An account that's in good standing means it isn't overdrawn, in arrears or in default, you haven't missed a premium, and you aren't undergoing sequestration, business rescue, or collection or liquidation proceedings (excluding debt review proceedings). This applies to all First Rand Bank accounts, including but not limited to FNB, Ashburton and WesBank accounts.
Move up a reward level
After you've qualified, you can start moving up the reward levels.
There are five reward levels. It's easy to move up the reward levels and earn more eBucks: for each requirement you meet from a different reward level group, you'll move up a reward level.
Your reward level is reviewed around the 8th of each month. You can also check your reward level using the eBucks Dashboard or the nifty eBucks Rewards Calculator
Remember: You only need to meet one requirement from each reward level group to move up a reward level.
|Reward level group||Reward level requirements|
|Digital banking|| |
|My Cheque Account|| |
|My Cards|| |
|Home and car|| |
VW, Audi and TFS Accounts won't qualify for this requirement.
nav» Car can be accessed on the FNB App - simply click on the "nav» Car" icon on the App home page and log in when prompted.
*Qualifying FNB Islamic Banking customers will automatically get the benefit of moving up a reward level for the Borrow reward level group as these customers aren't eligible for Overdrafts.
Only Life/Accidental Death products where FirstRand Life Assurance is the insurer are eligible for eBucks.
While there are eight different reward level groups, each giving you unique opportunities to level up, reward level 5 is still the highest level that can be reached.
Keep in mind that you can meet more than one requirement from any of the groups, but requirements from the same group will be counted towards a single reward level.
If you stop meeting any of the requirements in the above table at any time, you might stop earning eBucks for that period or earn fewer eBucks as a result of dropping a reward level.
Remember: Your reward level also determines the percentage discount that you qualify for. For more information on discounts, click here.
Earn eBucks according to your reward level
Once you've qualified and your reward level has been determined - you'll be ready to earn eBucks.
The table below shows the different reward rates. This is the percentage of your qualifying purchases that you earn back in eBucks according to your reward level.
|Your reward level||1||2||3||4||5|
|In-store shopping: Fusion Card/Credit Card||0.3%||0.5%||0.7%||1.0%||1.5%|
|In-store shopping: Cheque Card||0.2%||0.2%||0.2%||0.2%||0.2%|
|Online shopping: Fusion Card / Credit Card||0.3%||0.5%||0.7%||1.0%||1.5%|
|Online shopping: Cheque Card||0.2%||0.2%||0.2%||0.2%||0.2%|
|Checkers & Shoprite||1%||2.5%||5%||7.5%||15%|
|FNB Life Cover||1%||2.5%||5%||7.5%||15%|
*Fuel earn is based on the inland ULP 95 petrol price. Only fuel purchases made at Engen will qualify for earn.
If you have not qualified to start earning eBucks, you will earn as follows: 0.5% back in eBucks on in-store shopping at Checkers and Shoprite using your FNB Gold Cheque Card or FNB Gold Credit Card or FNB Fusion Account.
- Qualifying purchases
- Qualifying purchases (i.e. purchases on which you earn eBucks) exclude Cash@Till™, transfers, EFTs, debit orders, inter-account transfers, cash withdrawals, travellers' cheques, foreign exchange transactions and casino gambling transactions.
- Qualifying purchases include in-store and online shopping purchases as well as Engen fuel purchases made using your FNB Fusion Gold Card, FNB Gold Credit and/or FNB Gold Cheque Card.
- You don't earn eBucks on joint accounts or on FNB Money Market Transactor Accounts.
- Credit and Cheque Card purchase limits
- The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to a monthly qualifying rand spend of R7 500 on your FNB Fusion Gold Card, FNB Gold Credit Card and FNB Gold Cheque Card.
- Note: Your FNB Fusion Gold Card/FNB Gold Credit Card qualifying spend is considered first towards the spend limit.
- Checkers & Shoprite spend limits
- o The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to 20% of your total monthly qualifying FNB Fusion Gold Card, FNB Gold Credit and/or FNB Gold Cheque Card spend (on qualifying Checkers & Shoprite purchases only) or a total rand spend of R1 750 per month, whichever occurs first.
- You won't earn eBucks on purchases made at MediRite Pharmacies, Money Market counters, Computicket, Computicket Travel and Cash@Till™.
- Even if you haven't met the qualifying criteria yet, you can still earn 0.5% back in eBucks on in-store purchases made at Checkers & Shoprite using your FNB Fusion Gold Card, FNB Gold Credit and/or FNB Gold Cheque Card.
- Engen spend limits and rules
- Earn up to R4/litre back in eBucks for your fuel spend at Engen only, based on the price of inland ULP 95. No earn will be awarded on fuel purchases at any other fuel retailers. For more information on the new fuel earn exclusive to Engen, click here.
- The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to 20% of your total monthly qualifying FNB Fusion Gold Card, FNB Gold Credit Card and/or FNB Gold Cheque Card spend, or a total rand spend (on Engen fuel) of R1 500 whichever occurs first.
- You can fill up at any Engen fuel station, but you must pay for your Engen fuel at the Engen forecourt - you won't earn eBucks if you pay for Engen fuel at the Quickshop at the Engen fuel station.
- Note: You will not earn eBucks on Engen fuel spend above the R1 500 spend limit made using your FNB Fusion Gold Card, FNB Gold Cheque Card and/or your FNB Gold Credit Card. Your FNB Fusion Gold Card/FNB Gold Credit Card spend is considered first towards the spend limit.
- Transport: Uber spend limits and rules
- The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to 20% of your total monthly qualifying FNB Fusion Gold Card, FNB Gold Credit Card or FNB Gold Cheque Card spend, on domestic Uber rides (ie: Uber rides taken within South Africa only) or R750, whichever occurs first
- FNB Connect contracts and prepaid airtime spend limits and rules
- eBucks won't be earned on any device premiums linked to your contract(s).
- The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to a total monthly rand spend of R1 000 on qualifying FNB Connect contracts and/or prepaid purchases only.
- You earn eBucks on FNB Connect prepaid purchases bought via FNB's electronic banking channels:
- FNB App - you must have a compatible smartphone or tablet to use this. Download the app from your app store.
- Online Banking
- Cellphone Banking - dial *130*321#.
- FNB Life
- The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to a total monthly premium spend of R7 000.
- The monthly premiums on your qualifying FNB Life Insurance, Funeral Plan and/or Accidental Death Plan must be paid on time from your FNB Fusion Gold Card or FNB Gold Cheque Account. You won't earn eBucks for any month where premiums weren't paid – either because you didn't make payment that month, or because FNB Life chose to waive your premium that month for any reason (for example in the month of your 'Premium Holiday').
- You will earn eBucks back on premiums and collect points for the following cover types: Life Cover, Disability, Critical Illness, Debt-Linked, Income Protection, Funeral and Accidental Death.
- The percentage earned back in eBucks is calculated based on the sum total of monthly premiums for all your qualifying FNB Life policies. Your participation in the eBucks programme allows us to better assess your risk enabling you to earn back a percentage of your premium in the form of eBucks and/or collect points towards your rewards level.
- In the case of an FNB Life Policy, only the payer of the premiums will earn eBucks; other lives insured and/or beneficiaries named in the policy won't earn eBucks.
- These rules apply automatically upon you qualifying for eBucks rewards.
- FNB Forex rules
- The eBucks you earn will be paid in the month after the FNB Forex transaction was made.
- You only earn eBucks on transaction charges on FNB Forex inward and outward payments in a foreign currency (not South African rand).
- All FNB Forex transactions must be made via Online Banking or the FNB App using your smartphone, except where you have a standing instruction with FNB Forex to transact on your behalf.
- You don't earn eBucks on foreign notes, travellers' cheques, foreign currency account (FCA) funding, customer foreign currency (CFC) account funding, cash passport, PayPal™, MoneyGram™ or any other foreign exchange products.
- You also don't earn eBucks when you are transacting on a special discount or pensioner pricing.