Quality and convenience at supermarket prices
The Shoprite Group of Companies is the largest supermarket retailer in Africa. It operates more than 950 supermarkets and liquor shops across Africa.
eBucks can be earned and spent at supermarkets in the Checkers, Shoprite, Checkers Hyper, and Usave brands as well as all branches of Shoprite and Checkers LiquorShop in South Africa.
- Shoprite is the original business of the Group and remains the flagship brand, serving the mass middle market. It is the brand with the most stores in South Africa as well as the brand used to spearhead growth into Africa. The brand's core focus is to provide the public with lower prices on a range of groceries and some durable items. Specific emphasis is placed on basic commodities, which is critical to the core target market.
- Checkers focuses on time-pressed, higher income consumers and differentiates on its specialty ranges of meats, cheeses and wines. Its full range of groceries and household general merchandise items delivers consistently good value. Stores are located in shopping malls and other conveniently situated premises.
- Checkers Hyper offers the same specialty food selections and great value as Checkers, but within large-format stores that encourage bulk rather than convenience shopping. The general merchandise ranges are far wider in Hyper stores, focusing on categories like small appliances, pet accessories, garden and pool care, outdoor gear, home improvement, home ware, baby products, toys and stationery.
- Usave is a no-frills discounter focussing on lower income consumers. This smaller format, limited range store is an ideal vehicle to reach outlying and underserved areas within South Africa.
- LiquorShop offers an upmarket, convenient shopping experience to Shoprite and Checkers customers. LiquorShop primarily targets Shoprite and Checkers customers but the location of the outlets – with a separate entrance to that of the supermarket – invites passing trade too. It offers a full assortment of wine, beer and spirits.
How to earn and spend
Earn up to 15% back in eBucks when you shop at Checkers, Shoprite, Usave or LiquorShop and pay with your qualifying FNB Premier, FNB Private Clients, FNB Private Wealth or RMB Private Bank Card, depending on your reward level.
Earn up to R150 back in eBucks every month when you swipe your qualifying FNB Aspire Card at Checkers, Shoprite, Usave or LiquorShop.
Earn up to R50 back in eBucks every month when you swipe your qualifying FNB Easy Card at Checkers, Shoprite, Usave or LiquorShop.
Rules to remember
- Participating stores include Checkers, Checkers Hyper, Shoprite, Shoprite USave and LiquorShop
- You cannot earn on Medi-Rite Pharmacies, MoneyMarket, Value-added services (such as utility and DStv payments), Computicket, Computicket-Travel and Cash@Till transactions.
- You cannot spend eBucks at Medi-Rite Pharmacies, MoneyMarket, Computicket, Computicket-Travel and on Cash@Till transactions.
- Only selected Usave stores accept Credit Cards.
- For all purchase queries, please deal with Checkers & Shoprite directly.
- Checkers & Shoprite refund policies apply. You cannot refund items you've bought with your eBucks for cash.
Your eBucks card is your key to spending eBucks at our in-store partners and Engen.
Present your eBucks card when you pay and enter your 4-digit eBucks PIN when asked for it. Your eBucks card works just like a debit card.
Not enough eBucks? Use both your eBucks and your bank card to pay
If you don't have enough eBucks to pay for your purchase in full, you can pay the difference using your FNB or RMB Private Bank card. All you have to do is swipe your eBucks card at the till, enter your 4-digit eBucks PIN, then pay the balance with your bank card. It's as simple as that.
back to top
How to check your eBucks balance before spending your eBucks
- Online: login to the eBucks website and go to My eBucks.
- Call us on 087 320 3200.
- SMS the word 'balance' and your ID number to 32224. Each SMS costs R1.
- FNB's electronic channels: Register for and log onto FNB Online Banking or FNB Cellphone Banking.